miércoles, 30 de mayo de 2012

Thrift, thrift and thrift ..


So, as we said in our first entry,  here in Honduras there's no many choices when it comes to buying clothes. You either go with a safe style or go with the flow and risk having the same shirt, skirt or even sometimes the same outfit.

So to prevent having an akward situation with another girl, we've decided to think out of the box and go thrift shopping.

At first we were like: "Thrifting? seriously?" but after a lot of convincing from our grandma, we decided to give it a shot. And let me tell you, it has been quite a surprise.

Our most recent purchases have been by far the best ones


Mascapone Mix Boots by Clarks 

First we have these lovely boots by Clarks, that I wasn't so sure to buy them, because when you wear boots in Honduras, comments like "Hey cowgirl" or "Where's your horse?" never fail. But they were a great deal (They were $12) so I had to buy them. And besides, the weather here in Tegucigalpa has been nothing but rain! So I said why not?  and honestly I don't regret it.


Ostrich leather bag - $12

I've been looking for a bag with ostrich leather, and the moment I saw this one, I knew I had to buy it. Just look at the colors! I absolutely love it. 

Wish I knew what brand it is, but it had no tags on it. 


    This lovely "Egg Rolls" booties by Aerosoles, which also were a great deal ($12) and I absolutely love    them! They look great with skinny jeans, leggins and tights! And you know what's the best thing? They're so comfortable! 


And last but not least, the purchase we all think was the best one:
This beautiful dress "Simply Vera" by Vera Wang

Everything about this dress is great - It fits perfectly, the fabric is beautiful, and IT HAS POCKETS! I can't wait to wear this! 

With all this great finds, we don't need more convincing to do thrift shopping ;) 

-

Andrea, Ana, Sarah and Janet 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario